You can do the same as I did. However, if you want to do more baguettes with poppy seeds, just keep the entire batch of dough for this mini baguettes with poppy seeds and olive oil recipe.
Once again this is a simple recipe.
I love my machine and even though it’s nice to make something different once in a while, I still like the lack of effort that’s involved when a machine does all the work and the resulted bread is amazing.
If you like poppy seeds as much as I do, when I was a child I used to eat them directly from the seed pod, you’re going to love these mini baguettes, too.
- 1 cup water,
- 3 cups white flour,
- 2 teaspoons yeast,
- 1 teaspoon salt or more for a saltier flavor,
- 1 teaspoon sugar,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds.
1. Start by adding all the ingredients, except the poppy seeds in the bread makers pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer and select the Dough cycle. Press Stop as soon as the dough has been kneaded a little. You can also make the dough by hand.
2. Take the dough out of the pan and shape it into baguettes. It doesn’t have to be perfectly shaped. Just make them thinner because the dough is going to double in size. So, take that under consideration.
3. Place the baguettes in a baking pan, cover them with a towel and let them rise for about 2 hours or until they’ve doubled in size. Place them in a warm environment.
4. After the dough has risen properly, score it with a knife.
5. Add plenty of poppy seeds on top. As much as you’d like.
6. Bake the baguettes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Here’s how you can make the dough by hand
- in a small bowl add the warm water together with the yeast, stir the yeast a bit, and leave it like that for 10 minutes so that the yeast is dissolved into the water
- next, take a larger bowl and add the flour, salt, sugar and olive oil and mix them a bit, you can skip on adding olive oil, I just like it and use it as often as I can
- add the yeast mixture on top of that
- start kneading for 10 minutes, use your hands, it’s more fun and for me it’s easier than using a spoon, cooking is all about getting your hands dirty by coming into contact with the raw ingredients
That’s how you make your dough by hand. You can use it all for this mini baguettes with poppy seeds and olive oil recipe or you can bake two different recipes from the same batch. There’s plenty for that.
You’re going to see just how much it is after you’ve let it risen for 2 hours, when it doubles in size.
You can shape the dough by hand into mini baguettes like I did and then sprinkle the poppy seeds, as much as you like.
Or you can use a baguette pan, which I, at the moment, don’t have so I improvised.
Don’t forget to score the dough, preheat the oven, and in about half an hour you get what you see in the picture below.
I hope it looks as great as it tasted. Slice it after you’ve left the baguettes cool for 30 minutes.
And that’s it. That’s all you need to do in order to make delicious mini baguettes with poppy seeds and olive oil.